STI (Sexually Transmitted Infection) Testing...
Ok, lets start off by saying, its not as bad as you think! STI testing is just another aspect of keeping yourself healthy, like a dental check up, going to the gym and taking your daily multi-vits! If you are having sex on a regular basis, you should consider STI testing like any other health check. Below you'll find a list of clinics in your area (provided by the HSE) offering free STI testing. Alternatively, please see the end of this page for details on how to purchase a home STI testing kit.
- District Hospital, Carlow, c/o 051 842 646 (By appointment only and clinic is held on alternative Tuesdays)
- South Infirmary, Victoria Hospital, Cork City, 021 4966 844
- Youth Health Service, Cork City, 021 422 0490/1
- General Hospital, Ennis, Co. Clare, c/o 061 482 382
- General Hospital, Letterkenny, Co Donegal, 074 91 23715
- GUIDE Clinic, St. James’s Hospital, Dublin 8, 01 4162 315 (Young Persons Only clinic on Thursdays)
- Mater Hospital, Dublin 7, 01 8032 063
- GMHS Clinic for men who have sex with men and transgender people only
- Baggot St Hospital, Dublin 4, 01 6699 553
- Well Woman Clinics - Two Well Woman clinics provide STI screening. As these services are not publicly funded therefore a consultation fee will be charged. See the Well Woman website for more details.
- The Irish Family Planning Association (IFPA) provide a full STI screening is available at the Cathal Brugha Street and Tallaght branch. As these services are not publicly funded therefore a consultation fee will be charged. Please see the IFPA website for more details.
- University Hospital, Galway City, 091 525 200
- Portiuncula Hospital, Ballinasloe, Co. Galway 090 9648 372 (extension 676)
- General Hospital, Tralee, Co. Kerry, c/o 021 4966 844
- St Fintan’s Hospital, Portlaoise, Co Laois, 086 859 1273
- Regional Hospital, Limerick City, 061 482 382
- Outpatients Dept, Louth County Hospital, Dundalk, 086 8241847
- Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital, Drogheda - 086 8241847
- General Hospital, Castlebar, Co. Mayo, 094 90 21733 (Extension 3076 - Tues am only and Ext 3501 – Mon, Wed, Thurs, Friday)
- Outpatients Dept, Monaghan Hospital, 086 824 1847
- Regional Hospital, Sligo Town, 071 9170 473
- South Tipperary Hospital, Clonmel, Co. Tipperary, c/o 051 842 646 (By appointment only and clinic is held on alternative Wednesdays)
- General Hospital, Nenagh, Co Tipperrary, c/o 061 482382
- Regional Hospital, Waterford City, 051 842 646 (By appointment only)
- Midland Regional Hospital, Mullingar, Co Westmeath, 086 416 9830
Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) Screening is free of charge and confidential at any of the following locations. Except where stated, all clinics are for the general population.
Home STI Testing Kits
The Irish Family Planning Association (IFPA) in partnership with Lloyds Online Doctor have developed a convenient and easy to use home STI testing kit. The kits test for chlamydia, gonorrhoea and HIV and are clinically robust. Please see the IFPA website for more details.